What is conversion? Conversion is simply the process of turning beginner skiers and riders into repeat customers, and ultimately lifelong enthusiasts of the sport. With this, NSAA has developed the Conversion Cup Challenge, a friendly competition among member ski areas that closely aligns with the industry's overall goals to grow the sport. Award finalists will be recognized and the winners announced at NSAA's 2023 National Convention & Tradeshow on May 10, 2023.
2023 Conversion Cup Application
All NSAA award applications are due by March 15, 2023.
Award Submission Tips
The NSAA Conversion Cup Award recognizes the best ski area programs aimed at bringing in first-time guests and converting them into lifelong participants. While there is no single recipe that works for every ski area, the common denominator for success is demonstrating a dedication to getting these new participants excited about snowsports, so much so that they come back time and again. Other parameters judges look for when making their selections include:
- Increase in Level 1 lesson volumes
- Level 1 lesson volumes in relation to total skier and snowboarder visits
- Quantifiable success of multi-lesson packages
- Season-to-date sales data on specific learn-to packages designed to drive repeat visitation
- Overall data collection capabilities and sophistication
- Marketing ingenuity, creativity, use of new media, etc.
The Conversion Cup is graciously sponsored by: