Sustainable Slopes Annual Report
Current year: 2020 Annual Report
Sustainable Slopes Grant Program
Launched in 2009, the grant program provides cash and in-kind funding to support sustainability projects at NSAA member ski areas. To date, $671,220 in cash and in-kind funding has been awarded to ski areas seeking to reduce their footprint and increase their environmental stewardship. Click here for more information, used in the 2021 application process.
Thanks to our sponsor HKD Snowmakers for providing equipment to ski areas to make their snowmaking programs more efficient and sustainable.
Congratulations to our 2021 Grant Recipients!
- Copper Mountain Resort (CO) - native seed/plant education seminar
- Sugarloaf Resort (ME) - diesel timers & no idling signs
- Boyne Mountain (MI) - HKD snowmaking grant*
- Wild Mountain (MN) - HKD snowmaking grant*
* HKD Snowmakers has generously provided both ski areas with in-kind donations of low-energy snowmaking equipment, valued at $25,000 each.
2020 Grant Recipients
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort (ID) - implementation of plastic/waste reduction plan
- Cochrans Ski Area (VT) - HKD snowmaking grant*
- China Peak Mountain Resort (CA) - HKD snowmaking grant*
Additional Resources for Ski Areas:
Supply Chain Greening – Policies and Practices
Archive Research & Guides