NSAA pledges to take the following actions:
- Engage in advocacy with key policy makers in support of the adoption of standards and legislation to curb carbon emissions
- Raise awareness among policy makers on the impacts of climate change on the ski industry and rural communities
- Take a leadership role in facilitating ski area engagement of the 10 million snowsports participants on climate action and advocacy
- Provide its members with education, tools and programs to reduce carbon emissions in their operations and green their supply chains
- Support members in their engagement with their state and local utility to decarbonize the grid
- Support research and funding of adaptation, resiliency and restoration measures that will protect the outdoor experiences enjoyed by millions of Americans, and ensure that future generations can continue to enjoy the benefits of mountain recreation
- Lead as part of the Outdoor Business Climate Partnership (NSAA, OIA and SIA) to leverage the outdoor recreation industry’s economic, political and social influence in support of bipartisan climate solutions
- Collaborate with other industries and business coalitions in support of climate change solutions to strengthen our voice and maximize our effectiveness
- Offer resources and education opportunities to our members on diversity, equity and inclusivity and promote Justice and Equity in the context of climate change impacts and solutions
- Broaden our climate partnerships to ensure lasting and equitable climate change solutions
Climate Solutions Trail Map
Outdoor Business Climate Partnership
The outdoor recreation industry is responsible for bringing $788 billion to the U.S. economy, and provides over 7.5 million jobs. Climate change is the biggest threat to our business, and to our way of life. That's why the National Ski Areas Association, Outdoor Industry Association, and SnowSports Industries America have banded together to create the Outdoor Business Climate Partnership - a way to amplify our collective voice in Washington, and to advocate loudly for bipartisan solutions to reduce our carbon footprint. Learn more here .
Climate Change Advocacy
Click here for information on a market-based climate change solution that would reduce GHG emissions, internalize the cost of pollution and stimulate the economy.
America Is All In
AMERICA IS ALL IN is the most expansive coalition of leaders ever assembled in support of climate action in the United States. The coalition is working alongside the federal government to develop a national climate strategy that meets the urgency of the climate crisis, scaling climate action around the country to empower workers and communities, and promoting the leadership of non-federal actors on the world stage. It is easy to join by creating an account – click here – and join the hundreds of businesses and organizations calling for stronger national action on climate.