Protect yourself, protect others. With common sense and the seven points of Your Responsibility Code, you can have a safer day on the slopes.
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Skiers and Riders: Learn more about slope safety by clicking the button below.
Discover Snow Safety
Know the Code: It's Your Responsibility.
Collateral for Ski Areas